Hey, beauties! I have been using this skincare routine from January up until now so it has been tested for long enough for me to be able to say it works and has helped keep my skin clear for the most of it. It is a very basic routine and doesn't require many products. This is just helping to maintain a good routine but the most important step is to have a good diet alongside exercise. It is important to drink plenty of water too.
So to let you guys know about my skin type, I have had acne-prone skin my whole life. It's very oily and during that time of the month, I always have breakouts. I wouldn't say my acne was severe as such. At the beginning of January, I was put on Roaccutane to treat my acne and this made my skin and lips extremely dry. I will be doing a post on my journey with Roaccutane once my treatment over. Or else if you would like a 3-month update to see how I am getting along so far be sure to let me know. In terms of skincare, it is pretty simple.
Step 1: Cleanse
I use the Eucerin DermoPurifyer Oil Control Cleansing Gel which I buy from eBay for £11.40 as it is usually out of stock everytime I go to look for it in Boots. It's one of those products which is hard to get hold of. It is slightly more than a drugstore cleanser but nothing too pricey and it is one that I would definitely recommend. Since January, I have gone through three bottles of these. It isn't harsh on the skin and like it says it's good at controlling the oil. With less oil production there is a smaller chance of a breakout. It removes all the dirt and makeup after a long day and leaves the skin feeling clean.
Step 2: Moisturise
I use the Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion and this is my favourite moisturiser. I am so glad I found this as every moisturising cream I have tried has broken me out instantly whereas the ingredients in this don't tend to do that so if you have the same problem you should check this out. It does what it says and I no longer experience extremely dry skin. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and has helped a lot with my skin texture. It also helps my makeup look less cakey like it used to.
Step 3: Lips
Since I have been experiencing very dry lips it is important that I take care of them too. I use the Classic Carmex Lip Balm as it helps my lips feel less tight and peels off any of the dry skin. It allows for the smooth application of Lipsticks.

Let me know what you use in your skincare routine.

4 comments

Add your comment

  1. Both sound like great products hun, I use Garnier Micellar water for cleansing, for my lips I use Chanel Rouge Coco Baume to hydrate.

    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Aveeno is a great product! Have a great weekend.
    Gemma xx
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome products, I have used the Aveeno moisturiser before and it's amazing!
    I need to sort out my skincare routine as it is all over the place at the moment lol

    Emma | http://www.pinkpretender.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this little post - it's such a good idea to share your routine so thanks for sharing!

    HEather xoxo
    https://www.hefafa.me.uk

    ReplyDelete

© KHVDIJA · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS