Hey, beauties! Hope you're all having a great week. I'm going to be doing a review on the very popular and talked about Too Faced Mascara. I finally decided to give it a try. I'm so late on the hype. The reason for that is because I'm a lashes girl so I can get away with using any mascara. I decided to give it a try so maybe I can stop using lashes. Going from lashes to no lashes means I need a mascara that works wonders and gives the effect of lashes. Carry on reading to find out if this mascara lives up to that.




So this is the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara 8mL which I purchased for £19.00 from Debenhams. The mascara claims that the hourglass-shaped brush separates, coats and curls each lash. They make your lashes look full, defined and stretched. The mascara claims that three coats help to achieve the most intense black, oversized and multidimensional lashes possible. As you can see, this mascara promises a lot and if it does what it says it does, it can possibly be the best mascara.

This mascara is called Better Than Sex and everyone will have different views on the name. Some will think of it as fun and different. Some will think of it as inappropriate. And some won't even be able to say the word without giggling. Personally, the name doesn't bother me too much, I'm more interested in the product and as long as it does everything it says, I'll be happy. 

Moving on to the packaging, it's a round thick tube and feels heavy. It gives it an expensive and luxurious feel. The packaging is pink-purple in colour and looks so feminine. The brush is hourglass-shaped and there are so many bristles. The bristles are thick which help give extra volume and the different lengths of the bristle help to get the brush on all lashes.

The mascara itself is a thick carbon-black formula which is a very intense black. When applied to the lashes, the black really shows up and gives the lashes a dramatic effect. Due to the intense black colour, it makes every single lash stand out and this adds so much more volume.

Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Butylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax/Oryza Sativa Bran Cera, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Cire De Carnauba, Aminomethyl Propanol, Glycerin, PVP, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Polyester-11, Cellulose, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium Phosphate, Polysorbate 60, Acacia Seyal Gum Extract, Sodium Phosphate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-1, Dextran, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Black 2 (CI 77266).

Another great thing about this mascara is that it is cruelty-free, gluten free, paraben free and suitable for vegans so anybody can use this mascara. So moving on to my thoughts on the mascara when I applied it to my lashes. I noticed instant results with just one stroke of the brush and I have never noticed this with any mascara that I've used before. The first thing I noticed was how intense the black colour was. My natural lashes are very hard to be seen but with one stroke of the brush it defined each lash and there was so much volume. I didn't even realise I had that many lashes. With one coat I noticed the increase in the length of my lashes and I has so much volume. My lashes almost looked slightly curled. My lashes didn't clump together which I was worried about considering it is such a thick formulation. One coat on its own gives a very dramatic look but being a lashes girl means I love to go all out.

The second coat made my lashes look even more defined and dramatic. The intense black stood out even more and my lashes looked extra long. My lashes looked more curled and the volume was unbelievable. I never knew a mascara could give this much volume. It looked as if I was wearing false lashes. It really did play up to all its claims. It didn't smudge either which I was worried about considering it's a dark black and if it smudged it could have created a real mess. But it didn't so I was so glad. I personally wouldn't apply three coats because I just didn't want my lashes to clump together and I had gotten the results I wanted with two coats. This mascara is long-lasting. I wore it for 9 hours on a very hot day. It didn't smudge all day. My lashes held the curl and stayed exactly the same throughout. I was honestly so impressed.

Overall, I have to admit I am really impressed with this mascara and Too Faced played up to its claims. It is the best mascara I have ever used and purchased. It does all three things in one mascara - curls, lengthens and adds volume. I love the intense black colour and it really defines your lashes. This is a great mascara for if you love dramatic lashes.

Let me know what you think.
0 comments

Add your comment

© KHVDIJA · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS