Hey, beauties! Today I'm going to be reviewing a high-end foundation. This is the Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Foundation SPF 10 in the colour Desert Beige for £33.50 from House of Fraser. This is commonly compared to the MAC Studio Fix foundation whereas when I tried that I hated it. If you would like to see my thoughts on this foundation continue reading.





So this foundation contains 30ml of product which is what normal foundations contain. For me, that lasts a couple of months depending on how much I wear it. It also has an SPF of 10 which is great for days when it's not as hot outside and you end up forgetting sun cream whereas when it's hotter you would have to make sure to use sun cream beforehand.

On to the packaging, it looks very luxurious and expensive which you would expect since it is on the pricey side. The bottle is a thick glass and feels heavy. It's just so classy and one of the best packaging I've seen for a foundation. The only downside is that it doesn't have a pump which I'm sure you can purchase elsewhere separately. Because of this, it's hard to control how much product you end up pouring out. This can cause a lot of product to be wasted and it's really annoying. For a foundation, this is also really pricey so it's not something you can purchase regularly.

In terms of the shades, there is a range of shades to choose from varying from pink undertones to yellow undertones which is really good as everyone can find a shade for them. When I first went to buy this foundation, I got the staff at the counter at House of Fraser to match me and that's the shade I've been purchasing ever since. She did a really good job of matching me. It has yellow undertones and matches my neck perfectly. It's the perfect beige colour which is light/medium.

The foundation itself is amazing. It is extremely full coverage and one layer of it covers everything. I mean EVERYTHING! It makes my skin look flawless, it doesn't leave any imperfections on sight. You can layer it too if necessary without it looking too caked. It blends in so well and applies so smooth onto the face. Makes the skin look so smooth and evens out any texture. It dries to a matte finish but not completely matte. It doesn't oxidise on the face throughout the day whereas the MAC Studio Fix completely darkens up. However, since it is full coverage it does feel heavy on the skin but if I do wear this it's only if I'm going out for something special so it doesn't bother me. Otherwise, it is weighty for everyday use.

I've worn this foundation for over 12 hours and it lasted me. It doesn't budge, it doesn't melt, it doesn't crease or fade. It stays exactly the same. The only problem is after a few hours my skin begins to get oily so you would need to touch up with powder. 

Overall, this is the best full coverage foundation I own. It is pricier, but if you are looking for something of great quality, it is worth the investment. It covers anything and everything and leaves you looking flawless. It has a nice finish and is long-lasting too.
0 comments

Add your comment

© KHVDIJA · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS